Wednesday, August 17, 2011

9th Cup in 9 Years

Dave Writes...

My 30th place finish in The Forrest Wood Cup was not exactly what I had in mind. I had a great practice and had the bites in the tournament to challenge the leaders, but sometimes it's just not meant to be, and it's just as simple as that.

The family and I stayed in Hot springs for the week off before the Cup and had a blast. We went to an amusement park and road the bumper boats, played putt putt, and raced in the bumper cars. We also went fishing for bluegills a couple times and had some awesome fish fries. On our last night there we invited our friends, the Fukaes and Tharps to eat fresh fish, it was a great time for sure.

As usual, our Suburban and dually HD preformed flawlessly. Anne drives the Suburban and tows the boat and I drive the diesel towing the camper. Ouachita was our furthest trip of 2011 and the hilliest by far, but we really enjoy traveling in our Chevy Trucks.

Since we are in the process of selling our house and since Anne's Mom broke her leg...again, I will be going to the next event solo. It's on Lake Champlain, NY in a couple weeks, which is about 7 1/2 hours from home. Anne and the kids love going to Champlain because we always rent a cabin on the water and we get to travel together in one vehicle, but unfortunately that won't be the case this year...bummer.
 
I'll talk to you all after that event!

Anne Writes...

Hi everybody! I hope you are all doing well. This was one of our longest trips yet. We stayed down south after the Pickwick tournament and hung around Hot Springs for our week off. Dave and the kids and I stayed at a campground in the extreme heat with a broken air conditioner. It would have been unbearable if I hadn't gone to Lowes and bought a window unit. We had to squeeze it in one of the camper windows until we could get a new RV unit installed. Talk about a good time! :) Always an adventure!!

Well, if you have read Dave's blog, you know my mom broke her leg AGAIN! Crazy! That poor woman has had her share off misfortune this year. He will be leaving for Champlain in a couple of weeks and we will be sad to sit this one out. Lake Champlain is one of our favorite places to visit. We love to stay at Marine Village cottages. If you ever get a chance to travel to northeastern New York in the Plattsburg area, I highly recommend you stay with Priscella and her crew there. You will not be disappointed.

I guess it's just me, the kids, Isabella the dog, and the Silverado HD Diesel Dually in a couple of weeks. Dave is taking the Suburban to New York. I really don't mind. I LOVE my Diesel truck. I feel like a big girl in it!

I'll be talking to ya in a couple of weeks.
Take care,
Anne Lefebre

No comments:

Post a Comment