Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kentucky Lake

Dave writes...

We returned home from Calvert City, KY this morning at about 1:00 after driving all day. The end of the FLW Tour Major season is in site, with only one event remaining on Pickwick Lake in July. I now sit in 14th place in the AOY standings and I can't afford to drop any lower. The reason being?...the top 15 in the 2011 BASS, FLW, and PAA point standings qualify for the Texas Bass Classic on Lake Conroe, and I like that event and that lake a bunch. So basically I need a solid finish at Pickwick next month to make it happen, probably a top 40 or so. I like Pickwick and have had a lot success there over the years, so I'm looking forward to fishing there again.

Kentucky was a huge disappointment for me, but the damage turned out to be minimal thank goodness. My 70th place finish only dropped me from 10th to 14th in the points race, so that's a blessing. My chances for AOY are history, but a top 5 is not out of the question. I wish I'd done better on Kentucky, but I have no excuses. I had a great practice with the Lack-Attack, but I just couldn't get those bigger bites during the tournament for some unexplainable reason. I like going to Kentucky, it's a lot of fun, but there is so much luck involved in that one that it drives you crazy. We just found out that we will be going back there next June on the FLW Tour, so I'll look forward to that.

We had both trucks on this trip again and just got our very first oil change on the diesel, Still no issues or problems what so ever. They washed and shined it up too, it looks good and drives even better. It's a hard working machine but you feel like you're inside a luxury car when driving across the country.

My next FLW tournament is on Pickwick, so I've got a little over a week to relax, hang out with the family, and get caught up on some things. It's good to be home and sleep in for a change, it has sure been a while.

Hey check out this sandwich my lovely wife made me during the tournament, I knew she was sleep walking that morning, lol.



I'll see you in Alabama!

Anne writes...


Hello everyone,

We just got back from the Kentucky Lake Tournament and I want to say congratulations to Chad Grigsby and his family for the win. What an awesome Father’s Day present to win your first FLW tour event. We are so proud!

We had a great time at Kentucky Lake. We stayed at a really nice campground called Cypress Lakes RV Park in Calvert City, KY. Needless to say the kids were happy seeing all of their friends and swimming in the beautiful pool.

The Corn Hole Tournaments started the first night we arrived and continued through all of the practice and tournament days. For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, every tournament the fishermen in the campground get together and play Corn Hole (Baggo) every night. This was Clifford Perch’s first time playing with us and I know he is hooked now! Team Bass King (Dave Lefebre and Randall Tharp) are the reigning champions.  I think I’m going to have a Corn Hole trophy made for the end of the season.

We got a new folding fence for the dog for when we camp. I thought the 30 inch high fence would be fine for her since she is such a little dog but I found out how high terriers can really jump! She has springs in her feet! Now I have to go get the 36 inch fence, unbelievable.

Once again the trucks got us to and from our destination with no problems. I had the Diesel serviced for an oil change and had the exhaust fluid filled at Country Chevrolet in Benton, KY. They were fast, courteous and even washed the truck for us. Pretty cool!

I know the tournament was hard on a lot of the fishermen. Not because of the lack of fish, but it was hard to catch the big ones.

Over all it was a wonderful trip and if you get a chance to go make sure you check out Patti’s 1880 Settlement. I can guarantee you have never had such an awesome, huge, tender pork chop in your life! The food was amazing and the atmosphere is fantastic. They have shops, beautiful gardens, and a little zoo area. They have a little pond with toy boats you can drive. You and your children will love it!

I hope you are all doing well!
 
Take care!     
Anne






No comments:

Post a Comment